The madrassa/institute has been in operation since 1986. The degree of Dars-e-Nizami (aalim/religious scholar course) usually takes at least 8 years to complete. Till January 2010, 5 batches of students have graduated with both the Dars-e-Nizami and B.A. degrees.
Alumni are mashaAllah 'jayyad'/well acknowledged Ulama (religious scholars), who have after graduation been known to have several avenues open before them, since they possess the B.A. degree in addition to Dars-e-Nizami.
Even though they are the output of a unique system which merges both types of education, it is nonetheless their foremost mission to serve the religion of Allah Almighty in different capacities.
The Rajul-ul-Asar (Man of the Age) concept that forms the vision of the institute dictates that Ulama would be competent, aware and self sufficient to a large extent in modern life as well, while having strong knowledge of Islam.
Alumni occupations/careers in the recent past have included, but not limited to:
- Joining different madaris as teachers,
- Pursuing higher degrees. For example several alumni have gone on to obtain degrees like MSc Islamic Banking or International Relations (e.g. from International Islamic University in Islamabad)
- Some alumni are pursuing PhDs in Islamic Studies (e.g. from Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad)
- Some alumni are appearing in the competitive civil services exams (CSS) in Pakistan
- Some alumni are in the processing of applying to/joining other government departments/Armed forces